Monday, January 23, 2012

Allergy Testing

Zeke, from a young age, has had a rash come and go along the side of his mouth.  For a long time we just thought it was an allergy reaction and weren't too concerned about it until my mom approached us recently about her concern that it might be eczema.  It seemed to be more irritating and he would constantly lick it with his tongue.   

Finally I made an appointment with our stand in doctor, as our regular family doctor is away on a year long missions trip, and had it checked out.  She diagnosed it as eczema. 

Great.  I've known others who have dealt with eczema and that was something I wasn't looking forward to.  I had also heard that it can spread.  This made my heart sink, considering it was on his face.  So I began to research and talked with my mom and decided that Zeke needed to be tested for allergies.  We could change his diet, as hard as that may be, to help.

So, recently we went in for allergy testing.  Zeke did great!  I wasn't quite sure what to expect, when I had done allergy testing as a kid they had done it on my arms.  For Zeke, they used the back. 

having someone writing on your back tickles


getting poked wasn't so bad

waiting for the results
his rash

more waiting


And the results:  no allergies.  No eczema.  At least he doesn't think its eczema.  His diagnosis: a bad case of the drools!  Yep, just one bad cycle of drooling, the cold chapping his face, then it becoming irritated and then his tongue licking it, (and more drool) and the cycle continues. 

I must say that I'm glad he has no allergies!  And I'll take the no eczema too!  I sure hope that's the case.  His rash never has spread all these years and has come and gone.  I guess we'll just have to watch it and see. 

Any tips or advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...