Friday, February 10, 2012

Juicing

Finally!  I found my long lost juicer amongst the basements chaos!  It was lost but now its found and I can start juicing again!  Most days I juice in the morning and enjoy a delicious 'green smoothie' for lunch.  You can check out my Green Smoothie recipe here!

The health benefits of juicing are huge.  The amount of fruits and vegetables you can consume from juicing them is far greater than the amount you could eat in one day and as a result your body can quickly absorb a dense amount of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.

There are unlimited combinations for juicing.  So have fun with it!

Here's a juice recipe that a friend of mine, Lisa, shared on Facebook.  It was fabulous!



Juice: (makes approx. 32 oz.)
4 Oranges peeled
1 Papaya peeled and de-seeded
4-6 (small/medium) Carrots
1 Sweet Potato
1 Parsnip

*I have found that substituting the Papaya with a Mango is a great option as well.  Due to the prices here for papayas I can only buy them every so often and mangos are a bit less expensive. 
_________________________________________________________________

This is one that my kids really liked!



Juice: (makes approx. 32 oz.)
Large handful of Spinach
2 Apples
2 Pears
2 Carrots
1/4 Red Cabbage
1 Beet





___________________________________________________________

Here is a sweet morning pick-me-up and another of my 'go to' juices!



Juice: (makes approx. 32 oz.)
1 Pineapple (peeled)
2 Carrots
2 Apples
4 Celery Sticks
1 Cucumber (peeled and ends cut off)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...